Brief description of NCC
- Material : dissolving pulp, cotton , Bleaching kraft pulp (soft wood pulp, hard wood pulp)
- Preparation of NCC: acidic hydrolysis
- Appearance: blue suspension or white powder
- Various: NCC, chemical modifications of NCC( including: TEMPO-mediated oxidation, cationisation, carboxylation and polymer grafting)
- Distribution of particle size: 90-300 nm
- Crystalline index: >87%
- Dispersion: no hard agglomeration for NCC suspension, can be redispersed in water after drying
- Solid content: 5% to 12%（can be adjusted according to customers’ requirement）
Price depends on the quantity. Please check the price.
New!! we are glad to provide FREE CNC sample (30 gram slurry, 12% solids) to universities and research institutes for preliminary research. Customer is responsible for the shipping cost.
The free sample is NOT available for commercial reselling.
Please send your inquiry to email@example.com .
Pictures of NCC
CNC at 5% solid content
CNC at 12% solid
Picture 1. NCC suspension
Picture 2. NCC powder (by spray-dried)
Picture 3. NCC powder (by freeze-dried)
Picutre 4. NCC suspension TEM
Application of NCC
The properties of NCC make it an interesting material for many applications. NCC can be developed for use in applications ranging from cleaning of oil spills, engineering, pharmaceutical and vessel substitutes to biodegradable food packaging. NCC can also replace some petrochemical-based products and is very likely to be cheaper than most other kinds of high-performance nanoscale materials.
Chemical functionalisation of NCC improves its dispersability in organic solvents and this greatly expands its potential applications in various sectors.