Brief description of CNC
- Material: dissolving pulp, cotton, Bleaching kraft pulp (softwood pulp, hardwood pulp), Sisal, Tunicate cellulose
- Preparation of CNC: acidic hydrolysis (sulfuric acid, hydrochloride acid, phosphoric acid, organic acid)
- Appearance: suspension or powder, in blue or brown color
- Various: CNC, chemical modifications of CNC (including TEMPO oxidation (carboxyl content: 0.3 to 2 mmol/g), cationization, carboxymethylation, and polymer grafting)
- Distribution of particle size:
- For pulp or cotton CNC: 10-20 nm width, 50-400 nm length.
- For tunicate CNC: 10-20 nm width, 500 nm to 2 um length (aspect ratio ~ 75)
- Crystalline index: >70%
- Dispersion: no hard agglomeration for CNC suspension, can be redispersed in water after drying with ultrasonic treatment. CNC-OA can disperse in organic solvents.
- Solid content: 0.5% to 10%
The price depends on the quantity. For more information on product specification and price, please check the price.
We are glad to provide a FREE CNC sample (CNC-Slurry, 3 grams, dry based weight, 1-8% solids slurry, prepared by sulfuric acid hydrolysis) to universities and research institutes for preliminary research. Customer is responsible for the shipping cost and customs clearance.
The free sample is NOT available for commercial reselling.
Please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures of CNC
CNC at 5% solid content
CNC at 12% solid
Picture 1. CNC suspension
Picture 2. CNC powder (by spray-dried)
Picture 3. CNC powder (by freeze-dried)
Picutre 4. CNC suspension TEM
Application of CNC
The properties of CNC make it an interesting material for many applications. CNC can be developed for use in applications ranging from cleaning of oil spills, engineering, pharmaceutical and vessel substitutes to biodegradable food packaging. CNC can also replace some petrochemical-based products and is very likely to be cheaper than most other kinds of high-performance nanoscale materials.
Chemical functionalization of CNC improves its dispersibility in organic solvents and this greatly expands its potential applications in various sectors.